Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Setting Myself Up

Since I'm officially part of the blogging community now (and also, since I didn't end up participating in World Bread Day), at the very last minute I submitted a picture of our living room to Apartment Therapy's Fall Color Contest. I have absolutely no hope of winning, but it seemed like an interesting thing to do, even as I feel I'm just totally setting myself up to be crushed by all the hip, snarky comments from all those lily-livered loft livers with their apple green walls. Go over there and click randomly at the entries and you'll see what I'm talking about. (I actually have big plans to use that apple green myself when I re-imagine the guest bedroom into a kid's playroom.) It seems clear that apple green, orange and turquoise are big, big colors of the moment. It's too bad I didn't enter our family room with it's marigold wall and red rug, but it was a mess and I was in a hurry to just get something in to them. (Ah, fond memories of submitting short stories on the postmark deadline to lit journal contests....)

Anyway, like I said -- don't expect to win, but I'm looking forward to the comments whenever my entry gets posted. I'm not too terribly worried though, because while my house is certainly not going to be photographed for a magazine anytime soon (like some of the best entrants), I'm sure as heck not as downright awful a designer as some of the others. (That Bloody Mary bathroom, for one....Lord.)

Oh, and did you see...I got my first ever comment? Whoo-hoo! I'm in the game now, baby.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know. I checked out some of those rooms and I think you've got a shot. Many of the designs were far from "harmonious."

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous was me, Becky

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found you through your post on Posie's blog! I look forward to checking in daily!!

I think your room looks great!! Congrats on the mention!!

oooh and welcome to the blog world!! I was a lurker for farrr too long! ...I decided it was time to join in the fun as well!!

Happy Blogging!
xoxo Jenny

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home